- Liverpool are unbeaten in the past 12 meetings (W10, D2).
- Norwich's last win over the Reds was by 1-0 at Anfield in the Premier League in April 1994.
- The last six meetings have produced 34 goals, an average of almost six goals a game.
- Liverpool previously hosted Norwich in the opening fixture of a top-flight campaign in 1976, winning 1-0 and going on to take the title.
- Liverpool ended the 2018-19 Premier League season with nine consecutive victories, and have had only four longer top-flight winning streaks.
- They're unbeaten at Anfield against promoted sides in 25 games (W20, D5), with Jurgen Klopp winning all 10 while he has been in charge.
- Roberto Firmino is two goals away from becoming the first Brazilian to score 50 Premier League goals. He scored twice in his only previous Premier League start against Norwich.
- Sadio Mane has scored in Liverpool's opening Premier League game in each of the past three seasons, as well as in nine of Liverpool's last 10 league fixtures at Anfield.
- Norwich's only defeat in 21 league matches in 2019 came away to Preston in the Championship in February (W13, D7).
- The Canaries have been relegated in both of their two most recent Premier League campaigns: 2013-14 and 2015-16.
- They have conceded 45 Premier League goals against Liverpool, more than against any other side.
- Norwich have won just one of their past 16 season-opening league matches (D8, L7). That was in the Championship in 2016-17, when they beat Blackburn 4-1.